Hey Guys! I’m about to start taking you guys on a new adventure… FOOD TRIP and my first feature is Dolindo aka the sisturr aka mama Mayastic. This post is going to give you detailed recipe of an amazing dish, the Caribbean Pineapple Rice prepared by Dolindo!
I know I know, the thought of pineapple in your food doesn’t sound inviting but trust me this is amazing, and it made me regret not trying Nando’s chicken wrap with pineapple. Making this dish is really easy and straight forward and you’ll thank me later for this post. Let’s get to it shall we?
-Veggies : Carrots
1) Spice and boil the chicken
2) Parboil rice for about 5 minutes then cook with chicken stock, soy sauce and spices; add water occasionally when needed until soft enough to be eaten but nowhere near soggy. Once cooked, remove to cool down.
3) Using a frying pan and little olive oil, fry the already chopped veggies lightly together with the chopped chicken breasts.
4) Using the same frying pan and olive oil, scramble about 4 to 5 big eggs or as needed.
5) Mix the veggies/chicken with the rice and scrambled eggs and keep aside.
6) Slice the pineapple into 2 equal parts from top to bottom after having thoroughly washed the body with water and salt.
7) Carefully cut out the pineapple from its shell, creating holes.
8) Chop the pineapples in tiny bits and keep aside.
9) Using a spoon, carefully scoop rice into the pineapple shell then drop the chopped pineapples over the rice, scoop on another layer of rice and then top it off with about 6 pineapple bits or as many as you wish
….and there you have it, Dolindo’s Caribbean Pineapple Rice! *nom nom* We’ll definitely do this again chef!
Thanks for stopping by!