Hey, guys! If you’re on my Instagram (@munastiic), you already know how The Blogger Point bloggers brunch went for me. If you don’t know what I’m on about, The Blogger Point is a bloggers Agency in Nigeria. They recently hosted a bloggers brunch in Lagos on the 20th of August and it went great!
Basically, the main aim of the event was to bring bloggers together and have a mini seminar/networking event. Some big names in the blogosphere like The Social Prefect, Akin Faminu, Deola, Sharon Ojong and Toyosi (the brain behind desire1709 store) were part of the event as panelists to share with us their success stories. As expected, they dropped some knowledge on us and also very useful business tips for some of us who have our small business by the side.
I was particularly happy about meeting Toyosi because, after the seminar, she talked to me and a few other people outside and gave us some very useful business/life tips. Maybe I should bring her on the channel to talk to us about how she started her business, challenges and how she’s been able to overcome.
Anyhoo, collectively here’s what I got out of the event;
- It’s okay to be confused at the beginning of your blogging journey, test the water and figure out your niche.
- Don’t be shy to reach out to bloggers and brands for collaboration.
- Invest in your blogging journey, not every day asking for free stuff,
sometimesmost times buy the stuff with ya money.
- Figure out your target audience, both in business and blogging. Know what they want and find out how to give it to them.
- When collaborating, be bold enough to ask for what you want. But be sure you’re going to add value to the other party. Remember it has to be mutually beneficial.
- Do not sell yourself short
- It is okay to decline some offers that are not necessarily in tune with your brand or just one-sided.
- Be original, stay in your lane and trust your journey.
These are just a few things I got out of the seminar. If you have more to add to this please share with us in the comment section. Be sure to check out official pictures from the event on their website here.
Oh oh oh, did I forget to mention we had a little group exercise and my team won! I won’t be telling you guys what we won until you get to see it, hehe!
PS: Check out my Nysc Experience Video + How I started my Business. Don’t forget to subscribe.
PPS: Watch the vlog below, please do subscribe!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin